Hargrave Military Academy’s middle to high school education features the finest academics in a military boarding school setting. Academically challenging individualized instruction for every student is a Hargrave tradition stretching back to our founding in 1909. A Hargrave education is not limited to the classroom, but extends deeply into the areas of character development, leadership, spiritual growth and athletics. Hargrave Academics includes limited class sizes.
Our focus is on each individual student and meeting his specific needs. Hargrave is a community and a family of instructors, administrators, parents and mentors all working jointly to provide an environment conducive to learning, growing and enabling students to reach their full potential.
Our mission is assisting cadets in becoming knowledgeable, thinking, and responsible citizens of their community, nation, and world.
Successful candidates should possess:
• Degree in related field required (Masters Degree Preferred)
• Teaching Certification preferred
• Ability to teach Spanish I-V and AP Spanish. AP Spanish Training Available
• Desire for involvement with Coaching, Club, or additional activity outside the classroom
• Willingness to contribute to all aspects of boarding life such as study hall and student advising
• 3-5 years experience in teaching environment
• Willingness to work individually with students or small groups
• Strong ability to communicate with our young men and their parents
• Dedication and commitment to Hargrave’s mission of development of the whole person – academically, athletically, and spiritually – mind, body, and soul
Hargrave’s Academic Program is looking for positive and energetic attitudes, leadership and mentoring skills and a desire to serve the Academy’s young men.